Questions to Ask a Videographer Before You Book
In today’s weddings, hiring a videographer has become a huge trend! We often hear couples who booked a videographer say it was the best thing they ever did, while couples who did not book one regretted their decision. In short, we realize hiring a videographer for your wedding comes down to your budget. If you do, however, have some wiggle room and want to start meeting with videographers to find one who is the right fit for you, consider asking these questions below.
1. Is my wedding date available?
2. Are you the videographer who will shoot my wedding? If not, can I meet the videographer before my wedding?
3. Will you have any assistants with you on that day?
4. How long have you been filming weddings? How many do you do per year?
5. Have you shot a wedding at my ceremony and reception venues? If not, do you plan to check it out in advance?
6. How would you describe your style – documentary, cinematic or a mix of both?
7. What types of equipment do you use?
8. If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does it cover?
9. What packages do you offer?
10. How long after the wedding will I receive my wedding video? How is it delivered?
11. How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
12. What is your refund/cancellation policy?
13. Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled videographer) is unable to shoot my wedding for some reason?
14. If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge?